Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Favorite Quotes

"Dancing is just a conversation between two people...talk to me" ~Hope Floats

"I thought we were invincible. But now I know that the things that people in love do to each other, they remember. And if they stay together, it's not because they forget. It's because they forgive." ~Indecent Proposal

Why do you like them so much?
Because they stand on a wall and say, "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch." ~A Few Good Men

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. ~Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men

They didn't agree on much
In fact, they rarely agreed on anything
They fought all the time
And they challenged each other everyday
But in spite their differences
They had one thing in common
They were crazy about each other
~The Notebook

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." ~Andy Dufresne

"All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end." ~Tom Cruise, Cocktail

Flanagan's advice to his unborn child: If Jordan gives birth to a fine Irish son / There will be Cocktails and Dreams for him one day to run / A business that will yield the financial windfall / To be franchised in every suburban shopping mall. / If a daughter arrives to bless our clan / I guess the shit will finally hit the fan / But this I shall promise thee / I'll never let her marry a guy like me. / Still if our child is the naughtiet of girls or the wildest of young men / I swear I'll be the best dad I can / And never ever get spooked again." ~Tom Cruise, Cocktail

"Why is it that the bigger the line, the greater the temptation to cross it?" ~Grey's Anatomy

No comments: